Global Standards for the Microelectronics Industry
JC-22 Quarterly Meeting Updates
Submitted by admin on Mon, 09/14/2009 - 14:53
- The lengthy JESD282 for Silicon Rectifier Diodes will be reformatted to better recognize many of the test methods therein, similar to those found in MIL-STD-750.
- Recent test methods that have already been reviewed (letter balloted) or in the process of similar review in JC-22.2 for JESD282 include “Thermal Impedance and Thermal Response Testing for Diodes” and “Inductive Avalanche Energy Test for Rectifiers.”
- A new Standard for Zener & Voltage Regulators was recently approved in committee letter ballot and is now at the JEDEC BoD Letter Ballot stage for final approval before being published. This will likely become JESD211.
- Other new Standards now in committee letter ballot with JC-22.5 include the TVS Standard for Polymer ESD Suppressor (PES).
- Other similar Standards recently published from activities in JC-22 include JESD210 for “Avalanche Breakdown Diode (ABD) Transient Voltage Suppressors” in December of 2007.
- The JC-22 Committee recommended at its last meeting (April 2009) that the JC-22.1 subcommittee for Thyristors now be moved to JC-25 for Transistors since its Chairman is still active in that Committee but can no longer attend the JC-22 Meetings. All the Diode products would remain in JC-22.