Global Standards for the Microelectronics Industry
JEDEC Awards: 2019 Honorees
Each year, JEDEC acknowledges the contributions of member company representatives who have demonstrated outstanding effort and dedication in support of the development of open industry standards in JEDEC, beyond the normal scope of committee activities.
JEDEC is honored to congratulate the following 2019 award winners and their companies.
Award of Excellence
The Award of Excellence is the most prestigious award bestowed by the Association, and it recognizes an individual’s sustained service to JEDEC and the standards community.
Christopher Cox of Intel received the Award of Excellence for outstanding contributions to LPDDR4/5 and DDR4/5 technology standardization.
Kyu-hyoun Kim of IBM received the Award of Excellence for outstanding contributions and leadership role in the development of the DDR5 standard.
Technical Recognition Award
JEDEC’s most significant award for technical achievement acknowledges outstanding contributions to technology standardization. The 2019 recipients are:
- Shunichi Saito, Micron - for his significant contributions to LPDDR4/5
- Rotem Sela, Western Digital - for his significant contributions to UFS and e.MMC
- Frank Ross, Micron - for his significant contributions to NVDIMM-P
Outstanding Leadership Award
This award acknowledges an individual’s outstanding service to JEDEC. The 2019 recipients are:
- Sung Joo Park, Samsung - for outstanding leadership on DDR4/5 LRDIMMs and RDIMMs
- Guatum Verma, Intel - for outstanding leadership on the Latch-Up Test Method JESD78E
- Joe Quddus, Montage - for his outstanding leadership related to the development of PLL, Register, and LRDIMMs related DIMM standardizations