Global Standards for the Microelectronics Industry
JEDEC Awards Program: 2016 Honorees
Each year, JEDEC acknowledges the contributions of member company representatives who have demonstrated outstanding effort and dedication in support of the development of open industry standards in JEDEC, beyond the normal scope of committee activities.
JEDEC is honored to congratulate the following 2016 award winners and their companies.
Award of Excellence
The Award of Excellence is the most prestigious award bestowed by the Association, and it recognizes an individual’s sustained service to JEDEC and the standards community.
Kuljit Bains of Intel received the Award of Excellence in recognition of his leadership in defining the DDR4 and DDR4-E standards. DDR4 offers a range of innovative features designed to enable high speed operation and broad applicability in a variety of applications including servers, laptops, desktop PCs and consumer products. In addition, DDR4 was defined with a goal of simplifying migration and enabling adoption of an industry-wide standard.
Technical Recognition Award
JEDEC’s most significant award for technical achievement acknowledges outstanding contributions to technology standardization. 2016 recipients are:
- Danilo Caraccio, Micron Technology, for his outstanding contributions to the development of the e.MMC and UFS standards
- Hyun-Joong Kim, Samsung, for his exceptional contributions to the development of the DDR4 and DDR4-E standards
- Joe Quddus, Montage, for his technical contributions to the development of PLL, Register, DDR3 and DDR4 LRDIMM and RDIMM standards
- Hyunsuk Shin, Qualcomm, for his outstanding contributions to the development of e.MMC 5.1, UFS 2.1 and UFSHCI 2.1
Outstanding Leadership Award
This award acknowledges an individual’s outstanding service to JEDEC. 2016 recipients are:
- HeeChang Cho, Samsung, for his exemplary leadership and many individual contributions that expedited the completion of UFS 2.0
- Patrick Moran, Qualcomm, for his exceptional leadership in defining mobile packaging for mobile memories, including LPDDR and e.MMC/UFS packaging