A circuit in which all or some of the circuit elements are inseparably associated and electrically interconnected so that it is considered to be indivisible for the purposes of construction and commerce. (Ref. IEC 748-1.)
NOTE 1 JEDEC and IEC standards on semiconductor integrated circuits generally refer to integrated circuits that are designed as microcircuits.
NOTE 2 To further define the nature of an integrated circuit, additional qualifiers may be prefixed. Examples include
- single-chip integrated circuit,
- multichip integrated circuit,
- thin-film integrated circuit,
- thick-film integrated circuit,
- hybrid film integrated circuit, and
- hybrid semiconductor integrated circuit.
Contact Julie Carlson, 703-624-9230