Each year, JEDEC acknowledges the contributions of member company volunteers who have demonstrated outstanding effort and dedication in their work towards the development of open industry standards in JEDEC, beyond the normal scope of committee activities.
Candidates for the following awards are nominated by their peers, and the final honorees are determined by the JEDEC Board of Directors. JEDEC is honored to congratulate the following 2011 award winners and their companies.
Technical Recognition Award
JEDEC’s most significant award for technical achievement acknowledges outstanding contributions to technology standardization.
- Sung Hoon Lee, Samsung Semiconductor, for his invaluable contributions to the development of Universal Flash Storage (UFS) and e•MMCTM.
- K.H. Kim, IBM, for his contributions to the ongoing development of the DDR4 technical specification.
- Neal Mielke, Intel Corporation, for his dedication to the development of JEDEC SSD standards.
Outstanding Leadership and Technical Contribution Award
This newly-established award acknowledges members who combine a leadership role with significant contributions to technology standardization.
- Hung Vuong, Qualcomm, for his TG leadership and significant contributions to Universal Flash Storage (UFS) and e•MMC.
This award recognizes significant technical contributions towards the completion or enablement of JEDEC standards by a group. The honorees for 2011 are:
A team from the JC-14.1 Subcommittee that achieved a significant update of JEP122:
- Meir Janai, Spansion
- Guiseppe La Rosa, IBM Microelectronics
- Jim Lloyd, IBM
- Nick Lycoudes, Freescale Semiconductor
- Jack McCullen, Intel Corporation
- Joe McPherson, Texas Instruments (retired)
- Neal Mielke, Intel Corporation
- Ennis Ogawa, Broadcom Corporation
A team from the JC-13.4 Subcommittee that revised TM 1019 in MIL-STD-883 for Ionizing Radiation (Total Dose):
- Ron Bradshaw, Crane Aerospace & Electronics
- Ronald L. Pease, RLP Research
- James F. Salzman, Texas Instruments